Dokkyo University Human Rights Declaration
In line with its founding principle, the Dokkyo Motto: "A university is an institution where character is developed through learning," Dokkyo University is committed to providing a supportive environment for human growth and development predicated on respect for human rights and equal opportunities in academic study and research work.
- Dokkyo University is committed to compliance with national and local laws and regulations as well as the university's own founding principle and internal rules and regulations.
- Dokkyo University respects human rights and celebrates diversity in accordance with the principle that all people are born equal. This commitment extends to students, teaching and administrative staff, and all other persons associated with the operations of the University.
- Dokkyo University does not tolerate any form of prejudice or discrimination on the grounds of individual attributes such as nationality, sex, religion, age, ability, sexual orientation or gender identity. The University is committed to providing a supportive and welcoming workplace and study environment for teaching and research work. To this end, any acts of a discriminatory nature will be met with appropriate disciplinary action.
- Dokkyo University is committed to implementing systems and structures that are designed to harness the diversity of students, teaching and administrative staff, and all other persons associated with the operations of the University in order to promote outstanding and innovative teaching and research outcomes.
- Dokkyo University pledges to work closely with regional institutions to promote the development of inclusive and welcoming social structures predicated on mutual respect for individuality and personality.
August 15, 2020