Openings for part-time lecturers in the Interdepartmental English Language Program
1. Position: Part-time lecturer
2. Number of positions: Multiple
3. Classes to be taught: Academic Listening Strategies, Academic Reading Strategies,
Speaking in Academic Contexts, etc.
4. Teaching days: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday (1 or 2 days per week)
5. Appointment: Beginning on April 1, 2020
6. Term of employment: 1 year (until March 31, 2021); renewable yearly
7. Qualifications and application requirements:
(1) Master's degree or higher, with experience teaching at a university or equivalent institution
(2) Specialization in English education, applied linguistics, or related field
(3) English ability sufficient for teaching in English
(4) Japanese ability sufficient for handling university-related administrative matters
(5) Instructors who already have an appointment with another English program at Dokkyo University cannot apply for this position
8. Salary and benefits
Salary: based on the Dokkyo University pay scale
Transportation: paid in accordance with university regulations (includes upper-limit)
Other: health insurance, unemployment insurance not provided
9. Departmental affiliation: Teachers will belong to the Faculty of Economics, but will teach courses in the Interdepartmental English
Language Program (See "Additional information" below)
10. Application process
Materials: For (2) and (3), please note that applicants are required to download the Word version of the CV forms and type in the information: http://www.dokkyo.ac.jp/recruit/index_j.html
(1) Cover letter (include e-mail address, possible teaching day(s) and times, list of courses taught and textbooks used)
(2) Curriculum Vitae (with photo attached)
(3) List of publications and research/educational activities
(4) Copy or offprint of one representative research publication (besides master's thesis)
(5) Copy of the applicant's final degree certificate/diploma
(6) Copy of certificate of English / Japanese proficiency (TOEIC, TOEFL, or Japanese-Language Proficiency Test, etc.)
Deadline: Nov 18, 2019 (Mon)
Applications should be sent to:
Office of the Faculty of Economics, Dokkyo University
1-1 Gakuen-cho, Soka, Saitama 340-0042
Please write "Application materials for part-time position in the Interdepartmental English Language Program" on the envelope in red. As a rule, application materials will not be returned. However, if the applicant wishes the materials to be returned, a stamped self-addressed envelope should be enclosed with the application.
11. Selection process
Short-listed candidates will be invited to an interview on Dec 7, 2019 (Sat).
Please note that transportation expenses will not be reimbursed.
12. Notification of results
Successful candidates will be notified directly. Applicants' personal information will be handled with the utmost care, and will not be used for any purpose other than selection.
Hiromi Mitani <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Faculty of Law
Chair, Interdepartmental English Language Program
14. Additional information
(1) The Interdepartmental English Language Program is a coordinated program that stresses "English for General Academic Purposes" (EGAP). Students from the following faculties and departments take courses in the program: Faculty of Foreign Languages (Depts. of German and French), Faculty of Economics (Depts. of Economics, Management Science, and Economics on Sustainability), and Faculty of Law (Depts. of Law, International Legal Studies, and Policy Studies). There are approximately 90 teachers in the program. We seek to hire cooperative teachers who understand the goals and objectives of the program and participate actively to achieve them.
(2) See the university homepage (Employment information) for more information: