Study on an Exchange

Part-time Jobs

A “student” visa holder is not allowed to work.

If you wish to engage in a part-time job, you must apply for “Permission to engage in an Activity Other than that permitted by the status of Residence Previously Granted” at a local immigration office. With this permit, students are allowed to work for up to 28 hours a work (up to 8 hours a day during the summer, winter and spring breaks). If you work without a permit or you work more than the limit allowed by the permit, you could be penalized.