National Health Insurance

All exchange students are required to enroll in the national health insurance or Kokumin Kenko Hoken. By showing your Health Insurance Certificate you pay only 30% of the expenses for the medical or dental treatment given at a hospital or clinic.

To join the National Healnt Insurance you apply at your local municipal office, or Soka City Hall, where the university housing for exchange students is located, during the orientation period. A National Health Insurance Certificate  will be issued at a later date.

Students are also required to enroll in Personal Accident Insurance for Students Pursuing Education and Research, this insurance covers physical injury from an accident in the course of regular, curricular activities, participation in school events, extra curricular activities, commutation to/from school, etc.  (applications submitted through Dokkyo University).