Dokkyo University (Department of English, Faculty of Foreign Languages) Searching candidates for a full-time teaching position by contract (Soka-shi, Saitama-ken)
1. POSITION: Contract teacher (associate professor / lecturer).
2. CONTRACT: Three years (non-tenured, renewable one time after review)
3. NUMBER of POSITIONS: 1
(1) Teaching English language skills courses in the department of English, e.g. Reading Strategies, Comprehensive English, Lecture Workshop, English Communication, E-learning.
(2) Teaching Load: Eight 100-minute classes per weak.
(3) Teaching Days: 4 days a week.
(4) Administrative responsibilities: Expected to be involved in curriculum design and planning, as well as coordination of classes.
5.QUALIFICATIONS (all obligatory):
(1) Master's degree or higher, with experience teaching at a university or equivalent institution
(2) Specialization in English education, applied linguistics, or related field
(3) Native speaker of English
(4) Japanese ability sufficient for handling university-related administrative matters
(5) Instructors who already have an appointment with another English program at Dokkyo University cannot apply for this position
(1) Salary: Based on Dokkyo University's rules and regulations.
(2) Commuting allowance: In accordance with the Dokkyo University's pay scale regulations (Up to a set maximum).
(3) Social Insurance: Based on the Private School Teachers and Staff Mutual Aid Act.
(4) Labor Insurance: Based on the Worker's Compensation Insurance Act and Employment Insurance Act.
7. DATE of EMPLOYMENT: 1st of April, 2021
8. APPLICATION MATERIALS:
(1) Cover letter in English explaining the applicant's policy in ELT
(2) Curriculum vitae (photo attached, e-mail address)
(3) List of publications and research
(4) Offprints/copies of three academic publications. MA dissertations cannot be included.
(5) A photocopy of the applicant's final degree certificate/diploma
Note: (2) and (3) above should be typed or hand-written on our designated forms. The forms can be downloaded on our homepage
9. DEADLINE for APPLICATION:
DEADLINE for APPLICATION:
Applications should be received no later than, 4th of September (Friday), 2020.
10. SEND APPLICATION MATERIALS TO:
Office of the Department of English, Dokkyo University
Gakuen-cho 1-1, Soka, Saitama 340-0042 JAPAN
Please write on the envelope "Application material enclosed" in red. As a rule, application materials will not be returned. However, if the applicant wishes the materials to be returned, a stamped and self-addressed envelope should be enclosed along with them.
11. INQUIRIES TO:
Prof. Teruyoshi SASAKI
Chair, Department of English
(1) Include an email address in the CV.
(2) Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; they will be interviewed (including short teaching demonstration in English) in September.
[Transportation fee will not be reimbursed.]