2. Number of positions
3. Courses to be taught
“Japanese Popular Culture”, “Global Studies”
4. Teaching days
1 day per week
Beginning on September 24, 2018
6. Terms of employment
Renewable yearly by mutual agreement
7. Qualifications and application requirements
(1) MA or an equivalent research record in the field of Japanese Studies or related areas.
(2) Experience of teaching Japanese culture or related subjects at the university level.
(3) Native or near native-level proficiency in English. Regardless of nationality, applicants should have a good
command of English to give lectures in English.
(4) Instructors who already hold a position with another English program at Dokkyo University cannot apply for
8. Salary and benefits
Salary: based on the Dokkyo University pay scale
Transportation: paid in accordance with university regulations (including an upper-limit)
Other: health insurance, unemployment insurance not provided
9. Application process
(1) A cover letter (including contact email address, days available to teach, links to your course syllabuses from
the official websites of your current/recent university employers)
(2) Curriculum vitae (photo attached)
(3) List of publications and research/educational activities
(4) An offprint/copy of one academic publication
(5) A photocopy of the applicant’s final degree certificate/diploma
Materials (2) and (3) above should be typed or hand-written on our designated forms, downloadable at:
Short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview in July. Please note that transportation expenses will not be reimbursed. Applicants’ personal information will be handled with the utmost care, and will not be used for any purpose other than the selection process.
Deadline for application:
Applications should be received not later than June 30, 2018.
Office of the Department of English, Dokkyo University
Gakuen-cho 1-1, Soka, Saitama 340-0042 JAPAN
Please write on the envelope “Application materials enclosed” in red. As a rule, application materials will not be returned. However, if the applicant wishes the materials to be returned, a stamped self-addressed envelope should be enclosed along with application materials.
Notification of results:
Successful candidates will be notified directly.
Prof. Hiroko Maezawa
Chair of the Department of English
E-mail: maezawa●dokkyo.ac.jp （Replace “●”with“@”）